Suffering a miscarriage is not only emotionally rough but it also takes a toll on the body. Nearly ten to twenty percent of pregnancies result in a miscarriage (the sudden loss of a fetus usually due to chromosome abnormalities before twenty weeks).
Having a miscarriage does not necessarily predict having future miscarriages. In fact, many women who suffer a miscarriage go on to conceive again and produce beautiful, healthy children. After a woman’s body goes through a miscarriage the body needs 4-6 weeks to “heal” and is then ready to conceive again.
Ovulation after miscarriage will typically happen within that 4-6 time period and it is considered safe for your body to conceive again once your menstrual cycle is back to normal. You should be examined by your physician before you get the green-light to conceive again and sometimes your doctor will suggest that you wait a little longer than the six week time period (up to six months) to reduce chances of another miscarriage occurring.
Since miscarriages are very common and do not mean that there will be future miscarriages many women take the next opportunity to try getting pregnant again and can be successful in their attempt.
Take the famous singer-actress Beyoncé for example…
Most individuals are not aware that Beyoncé and her husband Jay-Z suffered a miscarriage before they conceived their daughter Blue Ivy. Many other celebrities suffered miscarriages as well and have had healthy children afterwards. That list includes Pink, Mariah Carey, and Celine Dion. There are a few ways you can increase your fertility after a miscarriage besides the logically way of knowing when you are most fertile.
A few tips to becoming pregnant after a miscarriage includes a few diet changes. Eliminating caffeine completely out of your diet can increase your fertility as well as also eliminating smoking cigarettes, drug use, and alcohol use.
Making healthy choices for yourself will benefit your fertility and increase the chances of conceiving quicker. It will also give you a head start to making healthy choices for your future baby.
Eating healthy is a big factor that will increase fertility as well. Not only does the kind of food you put in your body matter but also how much of it.
Depression is a typical result after suffering a miscarriage and that can lead to either the loss or excess of eating. It is important to get just the right amount of nutrition.
Another important tip to increase fertility is to eliminate stress from your life. After suffering a miscarriage that can be difficult to do, but stress is hard on your body and it only makes sense that it would affect your fertility levels. Try partaking in your favorite hobbies or activities and even counseling after a miscarriage could help decrease the stress in your life.
- Rest and Recuperate-Many women want to hurry and start trying to get pregnant again right away after their miscarriage. This is a perfectly normal response, but may not be the best way to guarantee a healthy pregnancy. Give your body a chance to rest so your menstrual cycle can get back to normal. You also want to give yourself plenty of time for your mental balance to return so you are ready to take on the trials of trying to become pregnant. Be gentle and give yourself time to rest and focus on taking care of your physical and emotional needs until you are ready to try again.
- ChangeLifestyle– Eliminating unhealthy habits can help increase your chances of conceiving later. Eliminate drug or alcohol use and quit smoking before you start trying for pregnancy. Cutting down or eliminating caffeine can also help you conceive a healthy pregnancy.
- Eliminate Stress-Eliminating stress can also make conceiving easier. Stress can reduce fertility levels, making it harder to get pregnant. Practicing meditation, yoga or taking time to relax after dealing with tough issues in your life can make it much easier to conceive.
- Eat Healthy-Eating a healthy diet is also essential to having a healthy pregnancy. This can also help women manage the depression caused by their miscarriage. Getting a variety of vitamins and minerals and cutting down on saturated fats and processed foods can help you get pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Avoid Infection-Taking steps to boost your immune system can help your body recover after a miscarriage and help you avoid pregnancy issues in the future. Avoid douching, taking baths, having sex or using hot tubs until your body has had adequate time to recover after your miscarriage. Taking home remedies such as vitamin C, garlic, oil of oregano or grapefruit seed extract can also help boost your immune system.
- Take Fertility Drugs or Therapies-There are many fertility drugs and therapies on the market today. Your doctor will prescribe different medications based on your overall health and age.
- Use an Ovulation Predictor-An ovulation predictor can help you map out your cycle. This will allow you to determine which days in your cycle will be the most likely for you to conceive. It can also help you determine if your body is following a regular cycle or if underlying issues may be present that are limiting your ability to get pregnant.
- Support the Uterus and Liver-Performing a fertility cleanse after your period has stopped can help support the uterus and liver, promoting overall fertility health. Sometimes stagnant blood can get left behind after your period which can cause discomfort or health issues. Following a fertility diet to help rid your body of the excess blood and hormones in your system can help your conceive more easily.
- Massage the Uterus– When you have stopped bleeding after your miscarriage, performing a uterus massage can help your body relax. This massage will help bring fresh blood to the area and soothe the body so you can relax. Start with placing a hot water body and a bit of castor oil on the skin, followed by a few drops of essential oils to promote relaxation. Be gentle and do not use more pressure than you can handle. You can also visit a professional fertility massage clinic to have massages performed.
- Talk to a Doctor-If you have been having trouble conceiving it may be time to talk to a fertility expert. Your doctor can perform fertility tests on you and your partner to determine if there are any underlying issues present. Then you can work together to determine if any additional medical treatment is necessary to help you get pregnant.
If you wish to conceive again after a miscarriage just remember to check with your doctor first and it is very possible once you begin to ovulate again. Follow the few fertility tips and remember to stay stress free and getting pregnant again might not be a breeze but surely a bit easier!